Today I finally bring to you my experience with Proactiv+. If you don’t follow me on Instagram @ashleymareebeauty, I collaborated with Proactiv Australia for six week on their campaign #MyProactivJourney. You can also read a little more about the products from my initial blog post by clicking here.
My skin type is normal to sensitive with occasional hormonal acne. I do also get the occasional dry, patchy skin on my forehead!
Below, I will show you pictures of my skin progress throughout the campaign and key changes in my skin.
Starting #MyProactivJourney, you can tell I have a little bit of texture on my cheeks, acne scaring and redness. I did also have some patchy skin on my forehead.
As I started to use the Proactiv+ 3 Step Kit, I was very sparse with the product, just to avoid any sudden sensitivity. I would use a 10 cent piece sized coin of the Skin Smoothing Exfoliator and only one pump of the Pore Targeting Solution.
Week 2 was going well for me. My skin was feeling a lot more hydrated and soft, especially around my nose and forehead. I had not experienced any sensitivity. From week 2, I started to use a little more product (the recommended amount) as I hadn’t experienced any sensitivity.
Week 3 I could start to see some solid improvements. The Complexion Perfecting Hydrator is such a beautiful product. I was seriously so obsessed (still am).
- My skin was noticeably radiant – loving it!
- I didn’t have any dry skin – foundation was applying a lot more seamlessly .
- Redness around my nose had decreased.
Week 4 went well. I did have a few new pimples, predominantly due to hormones (that lovely time of the month). I did have the tiniest amount of sensitivity due to being a little too rough with the Skin Smoothing Exfoliator and then applying the Pore Targeting Solution (I was in a rush, don’t rush it!). There was very little tingling and redness, but it was very mild and not at all painful.
However, this week I began to love the Pore Targeting Solution because a lot of my prior blemishes were healing up nicely. My skin tone was looking a lot better and my skin was feeling extra hydrated.
My skin is looking super supple by week 5! Key results included:
- I had no active breakouts and all my existing ones had cleared up.
- My skin tone was definitely still improving – the red bumps on my cheeks were clearing up nicely!
- I was feeling super hydrated and supple – still no issues applying foundation!
Coming to the end of the challenge, my skin looked lovely! Key results included:
- My skin tone and texture had improved – a huge reduction in small red bumps!
- My skin felt amazing – soft, smooth and supple. Throughout the challenge, applying foundation was just so seamless! It really shows you how important it is to have a good skin care regime!
- I only had one small hormonal pimple on my cheek.
- Since week 4, I hadn’t experienced any sensitivity at all (I have been very gentle ever since!).
- On some days, I would skip the Pore Targeting Solution as I felt my blemishes were under control and I received my needed dose of Benzoyl Peroxide from Step 1.
I am thoroughly impressed with my results. Results that stood out include:
- Skin tone and texture has improved – these small red bumps on my cheeks from the start of the campaign have drastically reduced in appearance.
- Dry, patchy skin around my forehead has disappeared – I’m very passionate about seamless foundation application.
- Overall radiant, healthy looking skin.
Recommendations and cool tips
- I would definitely recommend this to acne prone and sensitive skin gals & guys in their teens and 20s. I can whole-heartedly say that this has been a wonderful skin experience for me (a 22 year old).
- In general, don’t be too abrasive with Step 1. Just be gentle when massaging it into your skin to avoid any sensitivity.
- You can limit your intake of Benzoyl Peroxide if your blemishes are under control! For example, some days in week 6 I would just used Step 1 and Step 3.
- The 3 Step Kit work amazing together – if I had to choose only one product for the rest of my life, it would be the Complexion Perfecting Hydrator. This is the best moisturiser I have ever used.
Where to purchase Proactiv+?
You can purchase Proactiv+ online at www.proactiv.com.au or in store at Priceline, Myer, Chemist Warehouse and selected Terry White stores.
Have you tried Proactiv+? What was your experience?
*This post is sponsored by Proactiv Australia. Thank you so much for the opportunity and supporting Ashley Maree Beauty!